The EU referendum campaign is coming to a close. Polling day is nearly upon us. People absolutely sick of this whole thing. So for what it’s worth, here are my two (euro) cents …
I’ll be voting for Bremainia™ tomorrow because:
– I like being able to travel, work and stay anywhere in the EU with minimal hullabaloo.
– As someone increasingly engaged with finding my own work, a recession would be a real ballache.
– Voting ‘in’ seems like a vote in the direction of tolerance and diversity and I’m all for that sort of thing.
– The EU often tries to protect the environment. Although I do live in a pretty well sealed left-wing bubble, I still have to occasionally breathe the same air as the rest of the continent.
– An ‘in’ vote might end the political careers of Nigel Farage and Michael Gove.
The EU is far from faultless – see Greece and the thankfully compromised TTIP agreement – but leaving could be calamitous.
High on Brexit Bars, the Tories could start stripping away the red tape (read: workers’ rights) with frightful glee …
And following this dismal referendum, the last thing I want is to be subjected to is Boris Johnson stripping.
So vote Remain.